The Ph.D. program, authorize by CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs), gets ready students to fill in as instructor teachers, clinical managers, and propelled professionals in scholarly and clinical settings.
An example of program grants include:
- steady best 10 rankings in the nation by U. S. News and World Report
- steady best 10 rankings in the nation by the Chronicle of Higher Education as far as staff insightful efficiency
workforce acknowledgment by different expert associations for exceptional instructing and coaching, including the Rehabilitation Counselor Educator of the Year Award, the Penn State University Outstanding Teaching Award, the Penn State University Excellence in Advising Award, and the Penn State University Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year Award.
employees have filled in as editors, analysts, and article board individuals from driving diaries in the field including: Journal of Counseling Development; Counseling Today; Career Development Quarterly; Journal of Counselor Education and Supervision; Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin; Journal of Rehabilitation; The Family Journal; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Professional School Counseling; Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education, and Development.
The mission of the program is to:
- broaden the information base of the directing calling in an atmosphere of academic request
- get ready students to create new learning for the calling through research that outcomes in academic distributions
- plan graduates to be pioneers and backers for change
- An accentuation is set on workforce inclusion in territories including:
- instructing, research, and expert administration
- initiative in national guiding affiliations and associations
- initiative as diary editors or partner editors
innovative work: workforce have composed more than 600 diary articles and 50 books, and have conveyed more than 600 introductions at universal, national, and state proficient gatherings
The Counselor Education doctoral program goals address the expert positions of authority of advocate instruction, supervision, propelled guiding practice, and research abilities expected of doctoral graduates.
The program comprises of at least four scholastic years of graduate-level readiness (counting experts level arrangement), characterized as eight semesters, with at least 96 graduate-level credits expected of all students in the program.
Learning encounters past the experts level is required in the greater part of the accompanying substance regions:
hypotheses relating to the standards and routine with regards to advising, profession improvement, assemble work, frameworks, and interview
speculations and practices of instructor supervision
instructional hypothesis and strategies pertinent to guide training
teaching method pertinent to current social and social issues, including social change hypothesis and promotion activity arranging
plan and use of quantitative research technique, including a univariate, multivariate, and single-subject outline
plan and usage of subjective research, including grounded hypothesis, ethnographic, and phenomenological strategies
models and techniques for evaluation and utilization of information
moral and legitimate contemplations in instructor training and supervision
the part of the racial, ethnic, and social legacy, nationality, financial status, family structure, age, sex, sexual introduction, religious and profound convictions, occupation, physical, and mental status, nearby, territorial, national, worldwide viewpoint, and value issues in guide training programs
4. Advocate Education doctoral students will have encounters that are intended to:
build up a territory of expert guiding ability
create cooperative associations with program workforce in instructing, supervision, look into, proficient composition, and administration to the calling and open
encourage interest in proficient advising associations, including the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) and the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- meet criteria for proper accreditations
- advance insightful directing examination
- improve specialized skill